Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Such a happy couple...or are they?




So at the end of my sophomore year (in my program mind you), for my portraiture class, we had to do engagements. Now, at the time I didn't have any friends who were getting engaged, married, etc. So I posted on craigslist that I would do free engagements for one couple because I needed models for an assignment. Now, you would think that here in Utah, where everyone is looking for a deal, SOMEONE would have jumped all over the deal. Not one person, even called to see any of my work to see if they would be interested. Well after explaining this to my buddy PJ, he said that he and his friend Lauren would pose for me, as long as I didn't make them do anything weird.
This was actually a really fun shoot. PJ was a bit hard to deal with, just because he gets side-tracked very easily, but Lauren did a good job of reeling him in when he got out of control. Best line of the day came from my friend who was assisting me. She was trying to get PJ to smile and suggested that he picture that he is holding the most beautiful woman in the world and that after he marries her, he gets to finally have sex with her. I was actually shocked to hear my friend say that. But it got him smiling.
I have to say, I think they came out pretty well. Fooled most of the people in my class into thinking they were actually a couple. After doing these, I think I would have more fun being an engagement photographer rather than a wedding photographer. The latter just seems way to stressful and formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment